Monday, May 7, 2012

Confessions of a home builder ..

If your thinking about building a house here are a few things you'll spend hours learning about: faucets, valves, rough-ins, trim, HVAC, lighting, receptacles, stainless steel finish or venetian bronze finish, etc. While this may be interesting to some, it has been terribly unexciting for you know who.


I've learned a lot about myself during this process. I used to think I "wasn't picky" and not too particular about things. That was a pretty nice thought to believe for a while. Turns out, I'm actually quite picky on certain things. What is strange is that on things like the shower, the trim, garage, electrical I'm a little uninvolved and would rather have my husband make the decision. There really is no rhyme or reason here. My point is this.. Big decisions like building a home, or even buying one can bring out a whole different side of you. I'd like that side to go back to sleep and never wake up.


I read this quote today that I felt was pretty relevant to our home building experience "Whatever good things we build end up building us."   I think that this is applicable in all areas of life. The Mr. and I decided to build a home. Through this process we have disagreed, agreed, cried, broken out in hives, had shots in our butts from the hives, then agree all over again. 


The end result is this: You make the biggest monetary investment of your life but get to spend that with the best thing that ever happened to you: marriage. Oh, and you get a house out of it too.
Pictures of our house today----two more months to go!!


Side view showing the detached garage....That yellow primer is gone!

This is where we live!!

XOXO,
The Mrs..

No comments:

Post a Comment